Old 04-20-17, 07:21 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
I love how our in house psychiatrists immediately clamp onto OP for his 'bad' ways.....and not wrong, per se...but what about the lack of support from the OP's SO?
In addition to being OPEN in a relationship, it is also of paramount importance to SUPPORT your SO in interests and activities they enjoy and are healthy, productive activities.

OP, I feel your pain. The wife and I went though a few years of this before we came to agreements about at what LEVEL it was ok to pursue that interest. In our books, if it wasn't making us want or be short on anything else then it was mostly open game. This has worked well for paintball and biking interests I have. She "sort of" shares the biking interest.....
Point being that IF I asked the wife about something and she put the poo poo on it, then it didn't matter WHAT I wanted or had to say about the matter any longer. At that point that she had closed HER mind about it, then I was in super deep **** if I went behind her back about it, regardless.

Sometimes you just got to sack up, and do what you want, and be ready to pay for it.