Thread: DIY Bike Fit
View Single Post
Old 11-02-19, 11:49 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by neverquit
Well, called a guy who does bike fitting and he wanted $ 300 and it would take about 4 hours. So I'm wondering if I can do it myself. Saw a couple of books on Amazon one for $ 20 and another for $99.
What are the experiences and outcomes of others with a DIY fitting? Are there other resources, and books available? Do you think it's worth it?

Thanks
Lloyd
I had a professional bike fit done and the fitter told me the size of frame I needed. however that frame size was 2 to 4 cms smaller than what I ride long distances comfortably on. A bike fit is only as good as the person doing the fitting. I use an Old School Bicycling Book that talks about bike fitting and sets up a decent NEUTRAL position that I then tweak for the individual or fitness/wants needs.

BTW, it's a LOT easier to set up a bike fit if you have a second person to watch your position on the bike from the side. An example is the KNOPS (Knee Over Pedal Spindle) position that some people still use as the STARTING POINT for their bike fit. That second person can also look at your angle of lean towards the handlebar and/or take images for you to post on the web when you ask about fit..

Cheers