View Single Post
Old 05-24-18, 05:11 PM
gettingold

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R 260 Disc; 2008 Trek 4.7 Madone; 2017 Framed Minnesota 3.0 Fat Bike; 1984 Nishiki International

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by SethAZ
As you can see in these photos above, with the 32mm Compass tires, there is a colossally huge amount of space around the front tire. The R260 ships with the Lynskey Gravel fork rather than their #5 road fork, which is much narrower. The gravel fork weighs something like 100 grams more than the road fork, but for that weight you get all of this space to put in practically any tire you choose. Also notice how much room there is between the chainstays and the 32mm tire.

Lynskey only claims to support 32mm tires in the rear, but I have no doubt that I could run 38mm tires in there if I wanted. The fork officially supports 45C tires. When these 32mm Compass tires are worn out I may order a set of Compass' 35mm version which can be run tubeless, and give that a try. These 32mm tires I ran at 83psi pressure in the rear and 70 psi up front. I could run them lower but I'm a big boy and need to run them higher than a much lighter rider could get away with. Given how smooth these tires rolled this morning, I can only imagine how the bike would feel rolling on the 35mm version, tubeless, at even lower pressure.
I ended up throwing 32 Clements on mine because I am doing a gravel race in the Adirondacks in June. Turns out, I love the feel of them on asphalt as well and am going to keep them on it. Here is a recent pictures with the Clements. Very comfortable bike.