Old 05-14-19, 04:13 PM
puma1552

Bikes: '17 Colnago C-RS (Full 5800); '16 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun
Vendor has no control over what subs the original carrier uses. Especially in international shipping the last mile is done by the local postal service or some other entity that is available.

Has always been that way and with better logistics nowadays they use idle resources a 3rd party carrier may have.

You want free or cheap shipping, that requires them to use the to them most economical method.
That may be true, but in this case, to send the wheels within the US from me to the US return depot, Wiggle most certainly made a conscious decision to use two shipping companies; the return label had a destination of "UPS Innovation Returns" yet the parcel was required to be dropped off at USPS, where it would then knowingly be handed off in some fashion from USPS to UPS. And like I said, all that did was facilitate finger pointing by both entities while Wiggle sat around doing absolutely nothing when they were supposed to be investigating what was going on and working with the shipping companies, which they absolutely failed to do; that is what I hold Wiggle responsible for. And really, if Wiggle had gotten off their ass and actively worked to solve the problem, maybe it wouldn't have taken 20 days for the wheels to be found at the post office. Forget about the international shipping, Wiggle made a conscious choice to use two shipping companies for transport within the US and then leaves the customer holding the bag when there's an issue.

Ultimately I also just find myself irritated I can't just flat out do a return due to dissatisfaction with the product. I can do this with literally virtually anything else on the planet that is not custom ordered (monogrammed stuff, etc), so why is it that with all these crap UK retailers (they're all the same when you read the fine print) it's unquestionably yours the second you open it? I mean as it sits, I don't even know if I'll even get a refund at all when all is said and done. I mean I can buy a $3000 laptop from Apple, cycle through multiple returns/exchanges no questions asked, but I can't return a single product to Wiggle unless it's defective, and even then, it's gotta be proven to be defective via liaison with the manufacturer? Can't just be unsatisfied with something and return it? Spare me the "why should the retailer take the loss if you don't like something" speech because that's literally the way virtually all retailers that serve humanity operate, and it's just good business practice to do so. Every single person in this thread and on the planet has been glad they've been able to return something when it just didn't work out, so that is indefensible. Amazon didn't get to where they are by having non-existent return and refund policies. Nor did Apple, or any other huge retailer that people like doing business with; in fact they got there by having good policies and good customer service.

Really what it comes down to is just flat out crap service and people who don't know anything or care to learn correct information to do their job well. It's a different answer every time you ask a question depending on who you get, it's reactive and not proactive customer service, it's people not following through leaving you pissing into the wind, it's just ****-canned chat answers that regurgitate information you already stated you know or that doesn't answer the question that is asked whatsoever, it's them being unreliable to deal with, and really just not caring and being pretty cavalier about it. It's an issue of the retailer having absolutely no pride in doing a good job, and as someone who is proactive, who does respond to people at work, who does work hard to solve problems for others, it really rubs me the wrong way. They're just lazy-ass people. There's a reason all the Wiggle returns and customer service reviews are utter crap, and it's because they are utter crap to deal with when something goes wrong.

Last edited by puma1552; 05-14-19 at 04:32 PM.