Old 02-26-18, 10:11 PM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spectastic
I don't want to post names on here, but check your pm
I agree about not posting names You could post the USAC # and then the name itself is not floating around (/searchable) but someone could find the results in question.

I looked at the PM you sent me (thanks) and spent a few minutes scanning the results. What stood out to me is that he was racing as a Cat 3 in June/July. He did well at Tulsa Tough as a Cat 3 (legit result in the 3s), and then on July 20th he won the Driveway Series Cat 3/4 field -- and on the same night also took 8th in the 1/2/3 field. He's listed as a 1 on those results.

Lots of his results are from that Driveway Series.

He only raced the 1/2/3 field on 7/13, so he didn't get a forced upgrade mid-way through the 7/20 races; that can happen sometimes.

Yeah... I don't see it. You need to get 6th or better to get points for a crit, even in a large field. He's done that a couple times.

In theory, results from a single series should not count towards an early upgrade. If a rider got a big result at 1 or 2 NRC races, for example, against national competition, that is more meaningful that 3rd, 6th, 9th , 8th, 3rd at a single local series. And if the rider did get those results at a couple NRC races, it is probably not a problem for them to get a couple more results.

I'm surprised. Perhaps there is more to the story. Otherwise, this doesn't appear to be a case of letting a point or 2 slide. Looks like there are maybe 8 points. Correct me if I'm wrong there -- I spent 5 minutes on it and could have missed something.