View Single Post
Old 06-18-19, 07:25 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,038 Times in 1,876 Posts
+1. my immediate thought was a Treviso in the OEM Cobalt Smoke finish but, if so, that is just about the worst factory paint I've ever seen. Still, the headbadge does have rivets, so it doesn't appear to have been removed and there's no signs of masking, so I wouldn't rule out factory paint. Also it's got the Columbus SL deca of a Treviso. It's definitely circa 1988-1989 and the only two models with the OP's set of frame features during that period were the Treviso (Columbus SL) and Cadore (Columbus Cromor).

It's worth noting that during this period the Cadore was available in red to white fade finish. This could match what the the OP believes to be the original finish, so further investigation is warranted. During this period Cromor had not yet been upgraded to include the Columbus steerer tube, so the model can be verified by examining inside the bottom of the fork's steerer tube for the five helical ridges that are indicative of a Columbus steerer (see pic). If they're present, it is a Treviso (possibly with factory finish) and if they're absent, it's a Cadore.