View Single Post
Old 07-06-19, 04:11 PM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
First Real Ride on the 1949 Raleigh Clubman Retro-Mod

I finally finished my winter project bike: a `49 Raleigh Clubman. I built this up as a patina preservation project, and that is detailed elsewhere (For the Love of English 3-speeds).

Today I rode it, first around the neighborhood, and then into downtown Saint Paul. I was going to the Lower Town Bike Shop because they had a headbadge that will work on this bike until I find the one that came with it.

Lower Town Bike Shop is located in the Union Depot. I didn't take any photos outside, because the sun was almost directly overhead. But inside, I got a few good ones. Like this shot of the "Light Bright Wall Mural":

The Depot is huge, and really beautiful after the restoration several years ago:

Photography is difficult in there because of the low light level. But here and there I found some light I could play with:

I rode back across the river on the Robert Street Bridge:

Spent some time on Raspberry Island:

And took this beauty shot in front of the Minnesota Boat Club HQ:

It was a beautiful day for a ride, and this project turned out super. Tomorrow: Hastings, of course...

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!