View Single Post
Old 08-28-19, 04:52 PM
RedBullFiXX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by MattTheHat
I’m a smudge taller than 5-11”. Long arms. I seam is about 32”.

I believe the stack height is the issue for me, yes. A 12 degree (17 might have even been better) at 90mm would have helped. But stems for 1.25” steerer tubes are apparently few and far between. Giant makes them, and there’s an import brand I found on eBay that makes one. That’s all I could find, but I didn’t look exhaustively.

As I said, the Endurace is a fine bicycle. My only hesitation in recommending one would be if you think you’re going to need a different stem, find out if Canyon has what you think you need and order it with the bike. Or at least make sure you can find an aftermarket stem that matches your need before you buy.

The larger frame might well help you accomplish the fit you’re looking for. My only hesitation with that idea for myself would be that the seat post would be shorter and therefore less compliant on a larger frame. For me that means more body aches. I tried several saddles on the bicycle which had rails of varying heights. These translated to a difference of about 5/8” in seat post height, which I could feel. It wasn’t a huge difference, but if it were more like 2” of height difference it might be. At least for me.
Canyon sell different length stems
at Canyon Gear

The support from Canyon USA has been fantastic for me
They are very helpful and super nice

I have both an Aeroad SL (rim brake) and an Ultimate SLX (Disc brake)