DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Monday and Tuesday Easy Rides

Monday and Tuesday Easy Rides

For anyone interested, a bunch of us 65+'rs are riding M and T mornings, starting at 8:30 am at my house in Parker, subject to weather.

There is an email list to announce rides. DnvrFox@aol.com

Mondays are easier than Tuesday.

We don't worry about mileage, and measure our success in "smiles per mile."

This is today's ride description.

FIRST SEASONAL SENIOR LEAD RIDE TODAY

We had five of us.

Jack - 65 who rides centuries regularly. - Road bike Lemond BA

Dave - about 65 who rides tandem with his wife from Canada to Mexico along HIghway one, Nova Scotia, and a lot of other places. They are doing the C&O canal this summer. Road bike - Campy He rode 7 miles to my house, and 7 miles back.

Sally - almost 72 who took second place in her age group in the Bolder/Boulder run, does triathlons, and rides both a roadie and a hybrid - today she was riding her hybrid.

Tom - about 60 - a more casual rider with a hybrid, and

shudder,

Me - 68 years old, feeling like I don't have any legs any more, Lemond BA.

Jack was late, having gotten rather disorganized and making four trips back to his house by bike to get various things he had forgotten. He was originally going to ride to our house, but, instead had to drive, due to the 4 turn arounds!!

And I had an important national conference call at 11:00, which meant a very short ride.

We finally got off about 9:00 am. Weather sunny and 48F, but due to warm up.

I am so glad I went on this ride, because it caused me to really put some effort into my biking, and I felt my "legs" coming back. Great stuff.

So, it was a short but fun ride. Tom bailed out early and headed back. The rest of us rode at a pretty good clip until I needed to turn back for my conference call. We all turned around at that time.

I really enjoyed the ride.

Fun!

First "group ride" of the season - but not really a group ride - just some friends riding together.

Tomorrow, I have a ride scheduled at 8:30 with another friend - he is more of a casual rider, though