Old 09-28-20, 08:04 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Quiz time.

You are at a stop light going straight.
Does the traffic light turning green mean that it is safe to proceed?
Or does it mean you may proceed if it is safe to do so?

Traffic control devices are not omniscient. And a traffic officer is JUST a traffic control device.

Second, for the ignore all niceholes crowd. Any time you IGNORE something in your environment you are not situationally aware.

But clearly some of you who say you ignore niceholes clearly DON'T IGNORE them, you claim to always stand your ground. This strikes me as cutting off your nose to spite your face, but if it "works" for you....

Third, to the paranoid people who believe that the operator of a police vehicle is only waving you through to set a trap, take it to P&R.

To me, I am always amazed by small moments of grace:

Originally Posted by mr_bill
Out to Lexington to visit the dentist. At the construction in East Lexington, went to the head of the queue where I got waived through straight while everyone else got stuck behind people turning left. Had Mass Ave all to my lonesome all the way to the Munroe School.

Then to Cambridgeside Galleria to visit Apple.

Would be fixed around 2:00 so wandered to the Seaport District.

Got a video of the art on South Bay Harbor Trail - see below.

Then back to Apple, then to Harvard Square with the fix.

Finally back to the beginning.

All in all a good day to be out and about. Friday traffic seems to be an all day thing though.

Joyful Lines

-mr. bill
Finally:

Four people riding bikes arrive at four legs of a four way stop simultaneously, all going straight. What next? Literally, you are ALL supposed to stop and yield to one another. If one or more of you doesn't think outside the box, you are all going to be standing at your bikes for the rest of your lives. Anywhere but A&S this is a trivially resolved "conundrum."

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 09-28-20 at 08:33 AM.