View Single Post
Old 06-07-20, 01:52 AM
Fox Farm

Bikes: Merlin Extra Light, Orbea Orca, Ritchey Outback,Tomac Revolver Mountain Bike, Cannondale Crit 3.0 now used for time trials.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
I can’t say I really know Armstrong, but I did meet him as long ago as the KMart Classic, back in the 90’s in WV, I’m fairly well acquainted with a number of people who know him well, and I had the opportunity to talk to Landis at the Tour of the Bahamas stage race after all this went down.

Based on those limited observations and reading most everything written about Armstrong, I think you’re likely correct that he’s a sociopath, or at least has strong sociopathic tendencies. Sociopaths do not have empathy for other people. I don’t think Armstrong has ever shown any true feeling or remorse for the people he hurt.
Merlin, I think that you nailed it with that observation. He has never fully accepted or come completely clean about what he did, its impact upon him and others along the way, etc. It is who he is. Maybe as part of the Lance myth, many are waiting for him or had wanted him to do this. Lance's behavior back then and to a good degree today is a pity, mostly because he had the potential to affect many lives in a positive manner. He still can't accept his expulsion from the cancer foundation that he helped to start. And why is he still news worthy? Why are we wasting time here right now typing about it?

Last edited by BillyD; 06-07-20 at 04:06 PM. Reason: P&R