Old 02-25-16, 03:05 PM
petereps

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a question about what I think is called "pulling a wheel".

I'm new to track, and am on a cheap "Pure Fix" track frame that I know is hardly good enough for the track, but I do have friends who race this frame in Cat 3 on the track and do fine. I do however have good components (Sram omnium, ultegra pedals, paul hubs, etc). Yesterday was my first time doing standing start sprints, and on the first go, when I put out my max power the drive side of the rear axle slipped and the wheel jammed in to the seat stays and I screeched to a stop. I thought perhaps I just didn't tighten the axle nut enough, so I realigned/tensioned the wheel and then cranked down the nut as hard as I reasonable could. Next go, I got about 100m into the sprint and then the same thing happened. I luckily was able to keep upright, but am now very hesitant to ride this bike again, as the thought of this happening again is always on my mind. I was told that chain tensioners would remedy this problem, but am still not sure if I possibly just have a POS bike. My main question is, can I rest easy if I install chain tensioners? Or could this be a wheel/frame problem?