Old 11-04-18, 12:54 PM
cygnussailor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Similar thing in Oklahoma!

I was riding on Hwy 70 near Durant, Oklahoma. It is a 2 lane country road that is the direct route between Hugo and Durant, and has a speed limit of 65 mph. I always get off the traveling lane when a semi is coming from my rear and there is oncoming traffic in the other lane. If the other lane is clear and there is no yellow line I maintain my position on the road. A triple trailer logging truck was coming from my rear, the oncoming lane was clear and there was no yellow line or restricted visibility. The trucker blew his horn at me several times as though he expected me to get off the road before he got to me. I maintained my position on the road. He moved out to give me a minimum amount of clearance, when the center trailer was directly next to me he blew his horn and then started moving to the right. When I had literally inches left before getting hit I got off the road. He continued over and would have hit me if I hadn't gotten off!!! I was also stopped by a small town (Bokchito) police officer who told me that I should be riding against traffic!!! I told him he was wrong, but he was getting so agitated that I thought he was about to arrest me, so I rode on the opposite side until he moved on. I then went back to the proper side and continued riding through Bokchito. About 1/2 mile later he was off the side of the road and saw me. He watched me go by and never stopped me again. I think he checked the law after our confrontation and realized that I was correct!!!