View Single Post
Old 08-27-19, 10:15 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Only one, maybe 2 of my Tuesday Night Worlds 'dear diary' entries left this year

For the loop, 40 minutes is considered a elite time...and that's been my goal this year. I got 40:04 It felt easier than most rides since we were putting in equal work. In the past I would get dropped on the descent from the fast groups and do 70% of the pulling up the hill. Last week I thought they were slowing for me, but apparently I've improved just enough to stay with them.

All told I put in an inefficient 5 w/kg for 5 minutes and 4.6 for 12:30 (bottom of hill to descent). Gassed myself closing gaps and a lot of rotating; so I may be able to hold that (or improve it) in a 20 minute test. I've been doing this since 2013 and up to 2017 I've cracked 4 w/kg maybe a handful of times, so I'm still in awe that I'm actually able to hit those numbers and ride with guys who are 10 levels above me...they look at me like, 'who tf is this guy?'

Cool down lap, taken by a teammate. Pink is the new black!

Originally Posted by Radish_legs
In my case, I'm getting dropped in the crits, just a few laps in. FTP, positioning, and racing brain are not good enough against the best in the area (cat 1s). My teammate cat 3 who has a peak power over 1600w, he can't make the break. But he's doing a lot better than me. He's not getting dropped like I am in a matter of a few minutes.
Some of the guys out there just know how to ride, on the TNW's there are a handful of them that are just so efficient they're probably doing 20% less work....you're going to have to figure that out.

Go on that bike path you guys always race on with 2 dudes and make sure 1 is faster than you. Have him rail the course, try to follow and have the 3rd guy record you. Try to get a few side shots too. Even if it doesn't expose any bad habits it will probably help out because it'll show you can corner tighter. For me a teammate told me I was riding forward too much and that little change (sitting back more) helped immensely.

Edit: that course may not be technical enough, find something were you have to corner tight.
Likes For furiousferret: