Old 03-12-17, 02:31 PM
TGT1

Bikes: 80's Schwinn High Plains, Motobecane Ti Cyclocross

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by ZippyThePinhead
That area is patrolled by Industry Sheriffs and I'm sure the tunnel under Colima is closed for a few reasons, probably including homeless/crime management, reducing maintenance costs, and lack of use. You simply don't see equestrians using the trail at all, at least not in my experience. If you want to ride further from the park-- I still think of it as Otterbein Park, on the grounds it is hard to justify renaming anything for a living pol-- I'd exit the park instead of going under Albatross and make my way on Colima to Stoner Creek, where you can catch the trail as it goes under the 60 FWY.

Regarding the tunnel under the tracks, take a drive over there and see. Lots of nice places to grab a meal around Rowland Heights. But I would not be shocked if it was closed as well.
Rode the section from Amar to Valley today. It's a quite pleasant cindered path that follows Lemon Creek.

The tunnel isn't gated off or occupied, but is blocked by a large dead tree, brush, a shopping cart and some large chunks of Styrofoam deposited by the heavy rains this year. There's no access to detour at Lemon across Valley and from the county map the only other access point is clear at the other end of that section.

ended up taking Lemon to Golden Springs to Fullerton Road and then cutting across at Powder Canyon to get back to the trail.