Old 04-19-20, 10:39 PM
Miles2go
Zen Master

Bikes: Cervelo R5 - SuperSix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 42 Posts
Man, I really do wish it were a better world for you right now. All I can think of that might help is the Zwift world, or something like that. Setup an indoor ride room with a Wahoo trainer or similar and keep riding the bike of your choice, as often as you like. You can throw down with others from around the world. I did this for 3 plus months and it helped me get back into riding after years of being a beach bum of sorts. Now I'm leading epic road rides, (last week 120 miles with over 8,800 ft of elevation gain), and 70-80 mile road rides every week, in this time. Many of my fellow club members who are less comfortable venturing out, are just jumping into Zwift. It's interesting enough to keep your attention for at least a little while, and then, perhaps we'll be beyond this. I haven't had an account for many months, but will alway be thankful for what it provided to me, in a place not really safe or conducive to riding outside. What I see it doing for you, since you can ride outside, is the competition part of it. Strava PRs, goals to work toward, virtual riding friends, virtual rivals, etc. Tomorrow, I'm leading 3-6 seniors on a 65+ mile ride over a local pass. We all have our reasons to sit at home instead, and one of the regulars on my tough rides is 78. I'm sure he has reasons to not ride too. Best of luck to you, whatever the future holds. Hang in there and keep turning those crank arms over.