Old 05-17-19, 12:05 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 280 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2198 Post(s)
Liked 4,611 Times in 1,765 Posts
Not C&V yet, but worth showing anyway (Gazelle content)

I spent some time today visiting bike shops in my area, looking for a particular part. Haven't found the part yet, but since I've reached the point where shop owners and mechanics recognize me as "that man" and see me for what I am: an opportunity to get rid of old stuff, I did find something else. Or rather: something else found me.

This morning I was talking to one of these shop owners about this part. He couldn't help me, I thanked him for his time, and as I turned around to leave, one of his sons was already wheeling in this lovely Brussels blue Gazelle with a hopeful smile on his face. He'd told me a while ago that he might trade in a titanium Gazelle someday, and here it was.

Couldn't say no of course, so I am now the proud owner of one of the last racing bikes to leave the famous Gazelle racing department before it was closed.

It's an early noughties Gazelle Colto. 2001 or 2002.

Titanium Gazelles were introduced in 1998 with the Gazelle Titan Road:

For 2001 they changed the model name to "Colto":

Anyway, this is what I came home with this morning:

Love the color. Fitted with Campagnolo Chorus 9 speed. And needing a lot of TLC. I'll probably also have to flip the stem, as the saddle to bar drop is a little more than I feel comfortable with these days.

Likes For non-fixie: