Old 03-07-20, 08:49 PM
Pouhana

Bikes: Fuji Nevada 29, Trek 820, SE BIG Mountain 29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bikerbobbbb
It's not a joke. The bike is outside so it's literally ice cold. You sit on a cold bike seat and then grip cold handlebars. There's definitely a difference riding a bike that's sitting outside vs. one that's kept inside -- Cold butt and fingers go numb faster gripping the cold handlebars. Add in having to squeeze the handlebars more if I wear thicker gloves when it's colder out or when it's icier out and I grip the handlebars more. So if I bring the bike inside before I ride it when I'm stuck having to leave it outside, that helps. I'm wondering if I can get it to room temperature faster though.

A fan blowing air over it. Maybe an electric blanket. Laying something on it that's warmed. Putting it by something like an old boiler or oven.

But if it goes from an outside temp and then heats up faster than just sitting there at room temperature, I wonder what might do, in terms of the faster temperature change and also if that's repeated for wearing things. I would think even without speeding up the temperature change process that it's going to wear things out a little faster than if I kept the bike inside all the time and only had it outside while riding it.
I have same problem except for no cold saddle complaints.

I bought a Eddie Bauer hand warmer power bank device. I turn it on and put it in a pocket.I grab it in my pocket and it quickly warms the palm of my gloved hands.
I have a very short cord to re-charge my Garmin which only lasts 8 hours and I have a headlight that plugs into the power bank.

For the seat I suggest a reusable warmer/ice pack Just warm it in microwave and hold it onto the seat for a minute. In the summer freeze it and leave with it in the pocket of your Camelback