Old 07-22-16, 07:26 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug64
It really does not matter, but on a thread that has so much discussion about equality; stating that women are not doing hard tours, and that they have more important thing to do is demeaning.

In my experience, I would estimate that about 25% percent of touring cyclists are women. I don't know what klnds of bike they were riding, and do not really care. I just think that the paragraph that included the 1% comment was a inaccurate portrayal of a lot of women.
Well that's your experience... = about 25%, My experience is about = to 10%, Moms experience is about = to 1% Caretakers experience is = to "quite a few women" and none of them on E-Bikes... WTF does all that that mean? Well, less women do tours than men... It's that simple. Why? Well mom explained it quite well. woman/women have a different priority... It's that simple.

EDIT; Anyways E-Bikes can and certainly would bring more women into "Bicycle" touring |IMO Which is a good thing...

Last edited by 350htrr; 07-22-16 at 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling