Chrisp72
Roleur of Dough

Bikes: Kuwahara Caravan, Specialized Stumpjumper S Works

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Ok...an update after our second date...

I met up with Sophie and we travelled from her place in Toronto to a small town where she had spent some time earlier in her life called Milton. I being the driver had to rely on Sophie for directions, which for me isn't as easy as it sounds. I have never been to Milton before and had no idea where we were going or what the plan was...I just wanted to be with her and get to spend some time together. Sophie, upon getting into the car, professed to not being good with giving directions so I was a little nervous which is a common thing when I don't know where I am going. We headed off to Milton in the car and took the highway there.

Turns out that Milton is one of the nicest towns I have been to. I know there's a pandemic and we're not supposed to enter people's homes but I ended up spending time with some of Sophie's friends while down there. They were the most hospitable people I have ever met and I am normally nervous about entering someones home and tried to stay out on the front steps but they insisted I go inside. Not wanting to make anyone uncomfortable I gritted my teeth and entered. I know...it's a risk in these times to do something like that but I felt ok surprisingly when they asked me inside. I proceeded to play with their dog Xena the Rottweiler and had an awesome conversation with the hosts son. I felt very welcome and the atmosphere was great. Sophie wanted to go there to help her friend out and it turned out well for both of us.

Sophie was helping her friend who had suffered a stroke and had brought some food for her. This gesture shows me where Sophie's heart is when it comes to people she knows and makes me happier to know her. We didn't get into a conversation about bicycle camping but I felt that it would happen in time. The suggestion to go car camping with bikes is a great one and I think that's where we will start. I feel strange seeing this but Sophie and I meeting during this pandemic isn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I realize that I'm lucky and fortunate to be getting to know her and the funny thing is she feels the same way about me. As much as I would like to bicycle tour with Sophie it isn't the most important thing and I will be happy with her regardless of what we do. We think similarly and both agree that we're a good match.

I know that things are still starting out with our relationship. I know that I need to spend time with her to get to know her further. I realize that planning for a future is a risk as you never know what life has to offer. There's a part of me that thinks about pushing things forward to quickly and jeopardizing something before it starts. My rational brain is saying slow down and don't jump into anything too quickly. I sometimes think this is all too soon.

I also know that Sophie will make a loving partner and is a good catch. I feel I have lucked out and am excited to know her. I am fortunate to have met someone so attractive to me and with no warning signs. I'm sure there will be some small quirks that come up here and there but they're insignificant to me at this time. After two physical dates it's going out on a limb to say I would want to spend the rest of my life with her. But here I am...saying exactly that and having it feel so right.

I am lucky and I know it. Something like this happens to people once in a lifetime. I have found someone who feels the same way and that's as rare as hen's teeth.