Chrisp72
Roleur of Dough

Bikes: Kuwahara Caravan, Specialized Stumpjumper S Works

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
ah youth, I remember torturing Wifey w/ long treks on skiis in Februray. she was a sport & passed the tests w/ flying colors. now I see my Daughter being tested by her fella with backpack camping & such. good luck. if ever there was a time to to make life changing decisions, it is now. meaning, leave nothing unsaid. we never know when it will be the last we say. in the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take. as-in the old adage: it’s not the things you do in life that you regret, it’s the thing you don’t do. Maybe it was Mark Twain who said it first?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

in my opinion, love is worth risking everything. I left NY for Boston, for love, but some 40 yrs later, she's gone & I remained, to meet my current Wife
rumrunn6...Thank you! I don't feel like I'm risking things, even though I'm taking a chance. I too believe in putting it all out there if things feel right. Its still early in the relationship but its got a lot of potential. Now during the pandemic its a pivotal moment for me and I choose to try and get something positive out of it. Sophie isn't sending mixed signals and is honest and upfront about everything as far as I can tell. Things just feel right and regardless of whether we go bike camping our adventures are going to be good.

I haven't considered having a life partner for a while. I may be jumping the gun but I'll say that I could see myself spending the rest of my life with Sophie. She's a keeper and a catch and that doesn't happen very often.