Old 06-25-20, 03:01 PM
ljsense

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
I absolutely change from 52%L to 52%R depending on fatigue and output. Sometimes it’s higher than that... and that’s average for a ride, not specific moments.

Funnily enough, the people who are most adamant that single-sided is accurate are the ones with the least data to support it.
Hey my man, if you want to jump all over my grave screaming that your power meter was accurate within 2 percent, and mine was only within 3 percent, knock yourself out.

I looked at my data from a year of having the PowerTap pedals, which for me required a lot of fiddling with the battery covers and rebooting this or that to work, and I didn't see anything in the data that made that aggravation seem worthwhile. So I switched back to a Stages, and I think if you're looking for a cheap power meter, getting a one-sided one that actually measures forces instead of just taking a guess based on speed and whatnot is a valid suggestion.

My question is, if you know your left leg was putting out 52 percent while it was on the shady side of the street or something, what do you do with that knowledge? What's its value to you?