Old 06-25-20, 03:27 PM
ljsense

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
I do nothing. If I were particularly concerned about power balance I would probably run power meter pedals to get a more accurate balance number. However, all I care about is total power, but that means true total power, not double my left power, The fact that my Quarqs show a balance value is just another chart to look at, but I place precisely zero value in it.

The problem is that if I do a ride at an average of 200w, and 2% error means it could be 196-204w, that's one thing. Then we add a potential imbalance and it could be 190-210w, we run out of the data having any value whatsoever. Especially since that's averaged over a ride - it might be much worse over a climb, or a sprint, or worse over both but they average out to accurate in the end but the power "measured" during each is horribly wrong.
Ok, to be honest, if I had seen that my left/right output varied a lot, I probably would have done the same thing and stuck with any of the systems that measure power on both sides or at the hub. Fair enough.

My bias is assuming that my experience is universal.