Old 06-25-20, 06:01 PM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 135 Posts
Originally Posted by ljsense
I guess I'm lucky then. My numbers were never off between left and right by more than 2 percent, and it was usually right at 50/50. Assumed most people were like that based on the success and accuracy of single-sided systems. And the lack of people who spent their formative years only using one leg to walk, ride a bike, etc.
I'm consistently 53:47 L:R at low effort, and this climbs to 55:45 at peak intensity. So the Stages left sided crank meter I have overreads by 3% at low effort and 5% at higher. That's still fine for endurance use though since its purpose is to measure power droop over time (and to help me pace myself). The Favero Assiomo Duos I have on the other bike are far more informative with power phase, PCO, etc.

My imbalance could be due to my left leg being slightly longer, by a couple of mm. Not really noticeable in daily use, but I might add a 1.5mm insole to the right shoe at some point to see if that makes a measurable difference. I'm just loathe to tweak biomechanics when they're otherwise dialed in. I guess I'm trying to decide if it's worth the risk to try to fix.