View Single Post
Old 06-25-20, 07:01 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3458 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by elijahbc
Do I understand correctly that the longer the arm the less the cable needs to travel to engage the brakes?
From your comment, I assumed you were concerned that a V brake might not fit on your large fender over a large tire. That was why I made the point about the brake arm length, if it is too short the cable or brake would rub on the fender.

I am using regular brake levers with V brakes, which you are not supposed to do but it can be done if you install Travel Agents. And there was a Travel Agent in the photo, that was why I mentioned the cable pull issue. If you get brake levers that have the correct cable pull for V brakes, you should be good with V brakes.

Perhaps I should have stayed silent on the Travel Agent and skipped the photo, perhaps the photo and reference to the Travel Agen may have added more confusion to the discussion?