Old 12-08-19, 05:34 PM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Does a Bridgestone 400 fit in here and what would you guys do with this bike?

Two caveats... I would like to set it up to be an all season bike, and I don't have a lot of money. So I'm not sure what to do....

Someone turned it into a fixed gear bike. (it was at the end of a driveway with a "FREE" sign on it) I'm not sure I want that. I like having gears for the snow and wind...... I'm not sure how that size tire would do in the snow..... It looks like it could have wider rims but not sure if they made 27" rims that were wider. Or what I could do for cheap.

I talked with a guy at a local bike store and he said he could custom build a rear rim with internal gears and a coaster brake. I kind of like that idea because one time I tried to stop in the rain with my daughter's MTB with regular brakes and they just slipped. It has shiny chrome wheels though and that might be the problem.

Anyways... just curious what you guys would do with little money if you had this bike.... If anything. My main bike I ride is a girls cruiser so I wouldn't mind having a guys bike set up for myself finally. Not sure why but they do look better. Although honestly I'm 5'7" and the bar comes close to dangerous territory when I straddle it. I almost like girls bikes more for this reason..... But the guys bikes just look better. LOL.