burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by furiousferret
Failed my trainer workout tonight. It was 30/30's, which definitely isn't in my wheelhouse and the trainer was set to my outdoor FTP which made it too hard. I can probably do 10% more outside, so you add that to a Zone 7 interval and its a bad mix. So it had me doing 330, when in reality I should have probably have done 305.
What was your rest period power and how many reps per set?

When I think of 30/30, I usually do them without hardly looking at the meter and rest at like 100w. I just pour in what I can. I only do 5 reps per set.

Just curious as you've posted some good power in here before and that seemed a little low for you for 30/30's.

Anywho, still doing my 3x3's workouts and such. Last week did it twice and di the 3x8's once.

Sunday, it was hot for my little ride around town. Even in morning. I suffered the consequences of both starting not totally re-hydrated from sleeping and going too hard the first 1/3 of the ride. Pretty sure all my Z5/6 (of six zones) power was in the first 20min of the ride. It was a fast ride for the terrain, but I had nothing left for the second half.

I was trying to equal the weeknight A-ride speed on the same route. Leaving from the house adds a few feet of elevation and obstables, but I almost did it.

Goes to prove no matter how strong you think you are the benefit of sucking wheel to recover versus having to push a tempo in between hills.

First ride on the new aero road bar with internal cabling and cables partly in the stem. Love all the hand positions on that thing. Haven't tried IAB yet. A little bumpy and windy. Also, they didn't feel that narrow at 40cm down from 44cm.