View Single Post
Old 04-25-19, 08:12 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 5,013 Times in 1,784 Posts
Custom Wayne Evans Bike recently picked up

I was home sick the beginning of last week when this showed up for sale on a facebook site. Too neat looking at too good of a price to pass up. The seller said it was made by a Wayne Evans in Denver in the mid 90s. I haven't been able to find any info on the builder but it seems like a really nice bike with honest battle scars.

It's got some really cool lugwork, paint, and a sweet headbadge. Made of Columbus EL Oversize with three bottle cage mounts and rear rack compatible. Right now it's sporting a Dura Ace 7400 setup mainly. I just got done putting it back together and plan to get a few test rides in before I decide how to proceed with it. Right now it's got a fairly heavy set of wheels and 700 x 32 tires.

If I really like this I think I've got a source for someone who can match and touch up the paint. It's got some pretty serious damage from a dropped chain on one stay.

If anyone has any info on this builder I'd love to hear it.

Anyway, some quick cellphone pics I grabbed when I got done.

Love this headbadge!

Last edited by jamesdak; 04-27-19 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Because my grammer sucks since the last concussion.....jeesh!
Likes For jamesdak: