View Single Post
Old 04-28-19, 06:50 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 5,012 Times in 1,783 Posts
I got this out yesterday for a 13 mile test ride after knocking out 23 miles testing the Vitus Argal. It was super windy yesterday so hard to tell much about either bike. This one did ride comfortably with what seemed to be stable handling while not being sluggish. I did get on it once and it picked up speed easily. I did have to stop a couple of times to make adjustments. I really just slapped this back together so I could see how it felt under me. So I had to mess with the shifters a bit to get tension right to hold a gear. I'm betting any of my spare wheelsets hanging around with some good 700 x 28 tires will take an easy pound off this bike where it matters. Right now I'm leaning towards using the NOS 9 speed Ultegra triple setup I have on hand to fix this up. This would make it perfect for my long climbing days in the mountains where I can go with only the water I carry for many, many miles. 3 bottle cages will be handy and the old legs would appreciate the triple.

Grabbed this snap out on the test ride.