View Single Post
Old 08-02-20, 02:01 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 5,012 Times in 1,783 Posts
Just to update this a tad for anyone researching these.

Wayne Evans is still an active framebuilder in Denver. I just haven't been able to find contact info. A bike shop there verified he's there and uses them sometimes. They were going to ask him about me contacting him next time he came in but I've heard nothing.

With all the paint damage in the blue parts (really badly chewed chainstay) I finally decided to find someone that could fix some of the paint issues while keep it as original as possible. I drop it off tomorrow. Tore it down yesterday. For the heck of it, I just weighed it. 5 lbs 12 ozs with the headset. Weight Weenies says that headset should weigh a bit over 5 ozs. So that means the bare frame and fork should be around 5 lbs 7 ozs or so.

Once I get it back I have to decided how to build it. Silver components would stand out against the paint but black would help show off the paint. At least that's how I see it. Anyway, that's pretty much all the new info I have on this one for now.