View Single Post
Old 04-06-18, 07:12 PM
jack k
Avid commuter

Bikes: A fast one, a fun one, a utilitarian one.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Yet, if they come in for an after-hour scan, they might be able to squeeze in a second scan before retiring for the night.

For a small facility, an on-call radiologist probably gets the scans e-mailed to him or her.

I'm not sure of the sequence of events, but is there a period between when the techs do the scan and the radiologist reads it that they have to hang around in case additional info is needed?

Anyway, are any of the techs avid cyclists? The radiologist? Perhaps you could get on their good graces somehow.
No cyclists in radiology of whom I know. We are a small facility, but we have a unique partnership with a flagship state teaching hospital across the street, so most our reads come from their in house staff, although the consult is based on the consulting physician's confidence in opinion and thus not always warranted.

Waiting until the techs are already called in to scan the bike is definitely an idea, but again I'd be relying on everyone in the department at the time to not say anything which is unlikely to happen. News of my wreck has already found its way to the director's office so it wouldn't take complex mental gymnastics to put two and two together.