Old 07-27-19, 05:41 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
What to do in/around Boston?
Originally Posted by ChinookTx
Someone (who is not me) decided we'd head over to the Boston area for our vacation next week. Anyone can recommend activities/cool stuff to do in the area (2 adults, 2 late teens)?

Doesn't have to be cycling related, but bonus points if it is! We will not have our bikes unfortunately.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Hi @ChinookTx,

I like to respond to travel requests about Boston or my home state Michigan, and I frequently add,
BTW, over the years I have responded to several of these threads with open-ended requests for travel destinations. One thing they have in common is that the OP never informs us of the final destination, much less how was the trip, even when requested to do so.
So I hope you’ll let us know, e.g. where did you stay, where did you go, what did you eat? At least to validate and enhance our suggestions…
BTW, parking is problematic, or expensive in the vibrant areas of Boston mentioned above, but a car is not necessarily useful, and even can be detrimental.

I once got a $100 ticket for briefly parking in the bike lane in front of the shop.
Originally Posted by ChinookTx
Ok, so, I'm back from Boston. Good news is, I'm still alive. Man, driving downtown is for sadistic people!! Who designed these roads???? ;-)

Ashamed to say I let SWMBO and my daughter decide on the "attractions" (call it buying peace) so we spent a crazy amount of money on the tourist traps (Science Museum, Aquarium, Harvard, Shopping, etc).

And parking.... ohhh parking... Now, I get it, they don't want you to drive your car.

When we were all museum'd out, we brought the kids to Six Flags New England. Yipppeeeee...

I guess I'll have to go back and do what I want to do in that beautiful area, cause I definitely did not this time around.

If you read this far, and haven't figured it out yet, yes, this was a rant! :-/
Maybe a rant, but I enjoyed reading, and I hope you enjoyed your visit...Hurry back.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 07-27-19 at 05:48 PM.
Likes For Jim from Boston: