View Single Post
Old 07-29-19, 02:15 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by rousseau
Wait...what?

With my Garmin 800 I can draw up a route on MayMyRide and save the GPX file directly to the Garmin unit to be used for a ride. You're saying you can't do this with the Lezyne Mega XI, that you have to have your cell phone in hand?

Well, if that's true than that's a deal breaker. I keep my cell phone wrapped up in a Lezyne Caddy Sack to keep the sweat off it. I never touch it before or during a ride aside from on the rare occasion that I'm inspired to take a photo.
You transfer the route from the app on your phone(where you can create routes, store miles ridden, etc) to the unit. You basically press 'go' and then put your phone away for the ride just like you already do.

If I use a route, here is my routine before the ride-
- turn on GPS.
- pair GPS to my phone(for route and text messages notifications that I will usually then ignore).
- select route from app and press 'go'.
- turn on Amazon music and ear buds.
- place phone in right jersey pocket and leave it there for duration of ride.
- press 'record' button on GPS so it records the ride.

The entire process takes less than a minute. I get it if the lack of unit storage is a deal breaker, but hopefully when laid out, you can see the process really isnt difficult or inconvenient.