View Single Post
Old 07-29-19, 02:33 PM
rousseau

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 21 Posts
Forgive me for being slow on the uptake, but...

Originally Posted by SashaSolitaire
Once it is transferred over, you do not need the mobile device. What I do is transfer the route (usually a TCX file from RideWithGPS) the morning of the ride to my Lezyne computer from my mobile, after which the mobile device is in a plastic bag in my jersey. Once I am at the start of the ride, the computer recognizes the location and starts the turn-by-turn navigation.
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
You transfer the route from the app on your phone(where you can create routes, store miles ridden, etc) to the unit. You basically press 'go' and then put your phone away for the ride just like you already do.
Unless I'm not getting it, these two assertions are contradictory. I currently do the first, i.e. make up a route on my laptop and then upload it to my Garmin 800. It's there waiting for me under "Routes" if I want to use it. No pressing "go" on a cell phone is involved in the process.

So with the Lezyne Mega XL, do you have to press "go" on your cell phone to use an uploaded route when you go on a ride? Or not?

Last edited by rousseau; 06-07-20 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Corrected "Lezyne Medal XI" to Lezyne Mega XL"