Old 04-04-20, 08:10 PM
raphec

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
170kg/370lb rider wanting to get on trainer but scared

So I really let myself go, after a series of good excuses, but had just gotten back into cycling to and from work over the past month, when all of a sudden, everyone is now work from home. I struggle greatly with motivation in the mornings, and it is hitting winter time here.

I do have a TacX Neo2 trainer and a steel bike mounted on it. It was great when i was between 138kg and 145kg. I am absolutely confident that the bikefram will handle my weight (Jamis Renegade Escapade) but not sure about the different stress on it on a trainer, plus the capability of the trainer to hold up.

I really do not want to lose the small amount of conditioning I have, but am terrified of falling through the trainer or snapping a bit of the bike, as to my knowledge the trainer is only rated to 125kg and my 170kg is a much larger impost on the parts. With the space the trainer is in, any breakage, aside from expense, would potentially lead to physical injury.

General thoughts would be much appreciated. Do you reckon things will hold up, or is it too great a risk (yes i know no matter what anyone recommends, its still me taking the chance and my own accountability)