Old 05-15-19, 04:23 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 2,197 Times in 963 Posts
@verktyg thank you for your encyclopedic knowledge and research effort. Very informative and helpful.

The next time a person recommends the flush and dribble method, I'll post the above Maillard-Normandy Ad with a circle around bullet point number 6!

That is an interesting Atom-Regina! Now with that said, I've had some successes and some failures in transplanting the Atom inner body into a Regina outer body that had mangled removal notches. The limiting factor that I've found is that not all Regina Corsa, Extra, etc., bodies have the same internal shapes.

In some cases the inner "dome" on the outer body, which fits over the "shoulder" on the inner body, have different profiles and dimensions. They may be slight, but what occurs is that if not matched the two rub against each other. Hopefully these pictures provide enough illustrative information to better describe or compliment my words.

In my experience, by the 1980s, the Atom, Maillard, Normandy, Sachs are all clearly marked as either Metric or ISO and by the 1990s, Sachs Maillard and Sachs are only producing ISO threaded freewheels.

More 2 cents worth of info from NH!

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com