View Single Post
Old 04-17-22, 11:01 AM
heytchap

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
This thread gets a bump every few months and years after going dormant.

it looks like it’s my time to bump -

I have a few interesting bikes.

as far as a “poor man’s” Riv, I have a Bridgestone MB4 from 88 that’s absolutely beautiful with V.O. Porteur bars and wearing Panaracer GravelKing 26x2.1 shoes. It’s a peak Grant design and rides beautifully. I’ll get some pics soon.

I also have a Bridgestone 450 from 87. I’m pretty sure this is pre-Grant but it still rides like a dream and is usually my default and go-to bike.

[edit: Google tells me he started in 84, so the 450 may also be one of his designs but I have no idea.]

There’s one bike that’ll be joining my stable soon, one I’m very excited for: a Handsome XOXO clone of the Bridgestone XO-1 from 92. The XO effectively became the Atlantis, and I think this is about as close as I can really get without directly buying a Riv.

I see a lot of Brooks saddles here and while I like them aesthetically, I honestly dont like riding them. So, with that said, all of my bikes have Selle Anatomica X1 or X2 saddles mounted to them; they’re easily the most comfortable and, in my opinion, best saddles out there for the money.
Likes For heytchap: