Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 12-23-18, 04:58 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Sunday weigh-in: 305

Not a big weight loss week, but I did let my family direct some of the meal planning. Gotta keep an eye on that.

However, did take the Montague out for a 2.9 mile ride today. Since I had my wife (experienced rider, though rusty like me) and my daughter (scared of her own shadow, on the bike), I don't know how well I'd have done
really, but that's ok. Daughter needs a bit more experience on the road so she doesn't freak out every time she hears a car or sees another bike. I know that just takes time.
I may dust off the Ramp Rat tomorrow and head back to that spot for a couple solo laps. The most important thing, at the moment, is getting my legs used to the idea of riding again... as well as my keister.
I was able to squeeze into my bib shorts and jersey! Not my old size, but still a good several years since I've been able to wear them. Naturally I slipped a pair of jogging shorts over them.