Old 07-26-19, 10:35 AM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Cycling kit - leave labels and care tags on or cut them off?

So I've just gotten into the hobby, and have started buying real cycling kit after discovering what a huge difference it makes in feel, comfort, moisture-wicking, and aerodynamics. For most of my "normal" clothes I've never given a second thought to the tags. They're relatively small, unobtrusive, and remind me how to care for the fabric.

However, for cycling kit, they're often very long tags, and there are multiple of them. They're not uncomfortable, but for something that hugs your form very tightly I can imagine the labels might be able to be seen by others who look at you (I can't see them when I look down but often that's not representative of what others see. Since I'm trying to take care of my kit by always using cold water settings, gentle detergents, delicate cycle, delicate wash bags, and air-drying, I don't need the label to remind me how to wash them. But I'm also wary if I don't do a good job of cutting the tags, will I create an edge that is more uncomfortable to my skin than just leaving them on (where I don't feel/notice them but may be visible by others)?

What's the general consensus here? Tags on or cut them off?