View Single Post
Old 08-18-10, 09:06 AM
Speedster22

Bikes: Felt F3C w/ Campy Chorus; Motobecane Vent Noir

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last year I rode a 25 pound steel single speed conversion. It was a beast over the barriers and on run ups. But the ride was nice.

I decided to be more competitve this year in CX and race with gears - I'm not a masher! So went around to different shops to try to find something. I'm not a big fan of Treks, but that's what I get my team deal on. Was looking hard at the XO2 as my price was going to be okay. But I don't think the all AL frame w/ carbon fork justifies the retail price, nor my team price. Kept searching and test rode a few carbon fiber bikes on the off road trails near another bike shop. Tried an '09 Tricross and an '11 Crux - both CF. Crux rode beautfiully soaking everything up. Tricross was a little stiff, but power transfer was nice. Probably due to frame construction, lugged v. monocoque.

All in all, I decided to go with carbon fiber A) to head off the upgrade bug next year LOL and B) lightweight, absorbant ride. The less harsh the ride for me the better due to back and shoulder problems.

So my Blue Norcross should be here in hopefully a week and a half! Excited to say the least!