Old 03-27-15, 08:21 AM
Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jed19
All I will say is that nothing changes the characteristics of a bike very quickly as great wheels. I currently have eight wheelsets, and I can tell you each of those wheelset have different effect on my rides.

Yeah, a great wheelset can make for great fun on a road bicycle. I don't have similar experience on a mountain bike, as I only have the wheelset that came stock with my mountain bike.

Great road wheelsets that are stiff, aero and have great rolling hubs are the cat's meow!
I have never changed out the wheelset on any bike that I have owned. My current road bike I parted out myself and built it. I spent more on the frame what I had intended so to stay under budget my wheels took the hit. I went with the Campy Sciroccos instead of the Campy Zonda.
I love my bike and the way it rides so I have not entertained the idea of changing anything out until recently. If I thought that the wheels could make it more comfortable, I may try that but it would have to really wow me. I may try to borrow somebody's just to see.