Old 07-14-19, 07:39 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 1,181 Posts
I changed a flat (bike) tire for an older (then me) guy in Brooklyn one day, when bike commuting home. He had a tube and a small pump but no clue how to use either and in any event didn’t have a tire lever. He wanted to help, so I let him for a bit, then took over and finished. I blew him away when I used a CO2 and had the tire inflated in a jiffy. I told him he should watch some You-Tubes and practice in his garage.

Also helped an an older rider who could not remember how to get his rear wheel back in the bike after a flat, that he was successful changing. He was sitting at the roadside stumped and as always I asked if he was OK. It had been years since his last flat.

Then I offered a tube to a rider stuck on the local highway service road in Long Island. He and a buddy had ridden out from the center of Brooklyn on an early April day. Mr. Bike Flat stated it was his first ride of the season and would be 50-55. His buddy had been riding all winter and suggested the route. Mr Bike Flat didn’t want the tube really, he was done and wanted a cab ride back to the City.