View Single Post
Old 03-10-21, 12:15 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2497 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 523 Posts
Originally Posted by LV2TNDM
Do you hold drivers to this same standard? Of COURSE you don't! In fact, can you say you haven't had two at-fault collisions in your driving history? There's a VERY good chance that you can't. But you still drive, right? But even if you can, that's really irrelevant. My point is this, people make mistakes. Drivers do all day long! And we don't have a large segment of the American population who "readily and responsibly stopped driving because they caused a crash."
Not only have I not had (ever) two 'at fault' collisions in my driving history, I have never had even one 'at fault' collision in my driving history. And? What? Did I ask the o.p. to surrender his operators permit? You are not helping here. A bicycle is not a car. There are no 'minor' bicycle accidents. Simply falling over at zero speed if it is just not your day could result in your death. The tone of the o.p.'s accident report showed clearly that they do not yet understand this fact. And, despite your 'fears', neither do you. I guess you failed to notice that I was not the only poster to notice that the o.p.'s accident was, in fact, preventable. Collisions with fixed objects are simply unacceptable. They just are. I will not be shamed into agreeing otherwise. Going down on black ice (and we have), hitting an object in the road at night ... these things can happen. A Stoker can, and probably will, forgive that kind of accident. Especially if it doesn't put them on crutches. Just save your scorn on this one. It's out of place. The o.p. needed the wake-up call of someone calling attention to their lack of accountability.
Likes For Leisesturm: