View Single Post
Old 03-05-03, 01:25 PM
firebolt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think I am eligible to enter the weight loss club.

When I bought my first mountain bike six month ago, I was weak and weighted 185 lbs (5'6''). Now I am at 155 lbs and a little bit stronger. Looking back, I can't believe I've made it. The best part is: now I eat more than before (more healthy food, though)

IMHO, if you want to loose weight FAST, you gotta climb mountain, over and over again. Do some easy road riding in between to recover.

I remember the first time I hit one of my local trails (Almaden Quicksilver) six months ago. Right of the bat, it climbs for a good 3 miles. It's not very steep, but it was killing me. I could barely pass the one mile mark, even with many rests along the way. Hikers passed me....Boy, that was embarassing . But I kept coming back, day after day, week after week. Months later, I could climb to the top, and completed the loop around the park with ease. I am still not as fast as some of the other riders, though, so now I throw in more road ridings to learn fundamentals and increase my long distance endurance.

I LOVE THEM BOTH.