Old 02-01-17, 06:08 PM
DarKris

Bikes: Kona Kahuna DL Drop Bar - Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 (2012 Frame), Giant Toughroad GX 1 - Shimano Road Hydro + SLX 1x10 (2018), Diamondback Sync'r - SRAM NX 1x12 (2020)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
Clipless Pedals + Cleats for Size 15 Shoe

I wear a size 15 shoe (49 European) and I have orthopedic insoles for arch support when standing/walking. My current cycling habits include riding to and from classes on campus and occasionally riding to stores 10-15 mins away.

I've always been hesitant about going clipless but since I will be graduating soon and my riding will change as a result I am now considering the possibility of clipless. Here are my main two concerns:

1: I would like a shoe that I can walk around in and because I have insoles I would need the shoes to be able to work with the insoles. I personally dislike the idea of carrying around a change of shoes if I can help it.

2: Probably the more obvious one, I need wide shoes in a size 15.

3: The hardest one of them all, I need the shoes to not cost an exorbitant amount of money. Considering the circumstances, I honestly don't think this one is possible.

I honestly don't know where to start looking or if it any of this is worth it so any help or advice would be well welcomed. Thanks.