cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
One other possibility — do the tires say “26 x 1.25” or do they actually say “26 x 1 1/4”? The latter is yet another wheel size with a 597mm bead seat diameter. I’d be interested to know what the rim stamps say.

EDIT: Dangit, Kurt beat me to the punch!
You know, I'm not sure what I'm looking at now. I just gave those rims a closer look to see if anything "EA1" jumped out at me, and now I'm getting a lot of mixed signals:

The tires look like the balloony type 597's that you'd get on a Schwinn (rather than the narrow, racing 597's of an EA1 tire). Yet, the rear rim looks a lot wider than an EA3 or EA1 Endrick, and the front wheel looks like a generic aluminum MTB/beach cruiser rim. I can't quite make out the hub, but it also looks like some generic cruiser hub rather than the really small flange of a Raleigh hub.

Can we have some closeups of the rims? Any markings on them?

I haven't tried shoving a 559 rim in a Raleigh Sports in a while to see what the combo looks like - although I seem to remember they'd appear a lot smaller than these do. Still, that also looks like a fairly large brake drop...

-Kurt

Likes For cudak888: