View Single Post
Old 09-15-20, 06:56 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked 2,292 Times in 1,281 Posts
Yea, perhaps, maybe you missed my point as well. The bike did nothing wrong, it was bullet proof and got me where I needed to go at the time. When I started cycling( actually going places rather than school and back) it was not good. For me, cycling started about the time I got a light weight. It is relative in that we all have different tastes and the Varsity holds no special place in my cycling memory any more than my little red wagon. The most joy I got out of the bike was the look on the guy's face when I gave it to him. He put butterfly handlebars on it and rode it everywhere! He was a big guy and he LOVED that bike even years later , he was still riding it. At the time I owned the Varsity I had friends that owned Raleigh's and one friend that had a Stella ( I have it now) and those were the bikes I was drawn to. We were poor and I worked summers so I could afford the Schwinn used at $25 to get to high school and back, we had no car. It was way better than my huffy sting ray type bike.