Old 02-27-21, 06:55 AM
Hit Factor

Bikes: Trek Checkpoint SL 5 Disc, Trek Fuel Ex 5.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by mstig
I bought a 2021 Verve 1 in August. I typically ride about 10 miles a day on suburban streets at the Jersey Shore. Sometimes I ride on gravel bike paths or paved trails. I'm very happy with this bike having come from beach cruisers and a mountain bike. I don't know if anyone has this "problem" but though the bike rides great it's intermittently noisy. The rear end sometimes sounds like a train going down the track; then on the same ride is perfectly silent. The tech at the bike shop says that's normal but I have my doubts.
I run into that occasionally. Usually after I have had the rear wheel off. One or two clicks on the cable tension adjuster takes care of it (keep track in your mind which way you moved it and how many clicks, just in case you need to turn it the other way).

As others have said, change out the tires and it rides like a different bike. Right now I have Continental Terra Speed 40mm tires on it. Very pleased with these as my Verve 3 disk is the bike I ride when I don't know what the conditions will be like. I have had Grand Prix 5000 32mm on it, and picked up about 2 mph.

The Verve 3 is my comfort bike, rides are up to 25 miles.

Last edited by Hit Factor; 02-27-21 at 06:59 AM.