Old 03-04-21, 12:28 PM
welcometojmart

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alzerbster
Welcome to the forum. I hadn't ridden bike for a good many years, until I retired and started riding the many rail trails in Pa. I love riding rail trails and do nothing else but rail trails. Great scenery, most rail trails are fairly flat, and there is no traffic to contend with. I have been trying to ride many of the Pa rail trails, and some of them are really awesome, with great history along many of them. Have rode a couple trails in West Virginia, Ohio, and one in Virginia, which was the High Bridge trail. I'm going to bet you will like the Verves. And I think you will like them even more switching out the tires to something around 38's. As I said in an earlier post I noticed no difference in comfort going from the stock 45's to the Marathon 38's, but a noticeable difference in faster speed for the same amount of work. Most all the rail trails I have ridden on are well maintained, and don't see the need for wider tires for a more comfortable ride.
Thanks for the advice, it seems a lot of others switch out the tires too, maybe I decided to go tubeless too soon. They are calling for weather in the 50s this weekend so we should be able to put a few miles on them when we pick them up.