TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2617 Post(s)
Liked 3,131 Times in 1,646 Posts
^
how's grad school doing? You almost done/finished? Looking at industry jobs in Seattle?

Originally Posted by Flatballer
I don't understand how people do it. I'm not even that old yet (almost 31) and I can't keep up with the drinking and partying of people who are 40 and 50. Was at a conference for a couple days, I had about 3.5 "beers" (1 12 oz and 2 pints) over 4 hours or so, went back to my room at 9:30, and was feeling pretty buzzed and pretty exhausted.

The rest of them were at the bar until 1 AM. I just don't get it. It seems like everyone except my wife and I lives on caffeine and alcohol, and we don't drink either really ever (a six pack lasts me 2 months).
I would say those three beers is a solid amount to drink. Any more then that and I'd consider myself "going after it" and feel slow the next day. Which happens sometimes, but not all the time.

It probably will happen next weekend when my fiancee and I are doing a long wine-tasting weekend in Paso Robles . I've been getting into reds quite a bit over the last year or two as my drink of choice, and two of my favorite supermarket winemakers are there - Justin and Daou.